Thursday 18 August 2011

What a day.


That was a very hard day yesterday, I had no idea what it was going to be like. From the moment James got up he was shaking and feeling sick. "For Me" my head was all over the place what would I say if all went wrong!
My heart really goes out the the young lads and girls who did not get what they need to go to uni.Seeing them cry was so hard I just wanted to hug them but you just know that is not enough.
James made me go with him. He said that he needed me there so thats what I did. We could not read the results because of nerves so we asked a very lovely Man to help. He asked James how he thought he had done James said I and praying that I have done ok! With a big smile he said "you really have Mate!" 2 A's and 2B's James danced about and then give me a kiss and a big hug and this lovely Man said that that had made his Day.I had my camra but was not allowed to take any photos James said not now Mum and you just know don't you!
Only one of his friends did not get what he needed to go to the Uni he wanted. James said they had told him to study but he just thought he would just get through.They all feel they should of keeped on to him but sometime you have to learn these things for yourself.
Now I have to get my head around to him going off to uni and it being just me and Mr D.But we have a holidy to Turkey first so I am really looking forward to that.
My heart really goes out to the young ones that did not get what they needed. Have a great weekend.
Love Lesley x

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you and your son! I feel your pain and delight as we had the same here ... I took my son to collect his results which were border line and then we spent hours nervously waiting trying to get on UCAS which had crashed. In the end a phone call to the Uni confirmed his place! Phew ... proud mum and happy son here too! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done James. Lucky for Jose her place in London was unconditional as her course work was an A but brought down by her exam to a C. I know what you mean by the re-adjusting bit, but you and Mr D will have fun re-discovering each other. For me, it'll be nice and quiet to start with but I am sure I am going to miss her tonnes xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - Many thanks for stopping by. My stomach lurched for you! We had all this last year, followed by a very unsettled 1st year at Uni for my daughter - when we thought she would take to it like a duck to water!). She's managed to swap to the same course at another Uni this year - so we are keeping our fingers crossed! We have to go through it all again in 2 years time with the young man! Its going to be fun for you and Mr D being a couple again. x

    ReplyDelete